IBA Young Lawyers Survey (for lawyers aged 40 or under). CLOSING DATE 31 AUGUST 2020
The survey is anonymous and takes approximately 15 minutes to complete (you DO NOT need to be an IBA Member to respond). The survey is made up of 40 questions, most of which are multiple choice.
All questions are related to issues affecting young lawyers, including factors influencing a decision to move workplaces, impacts on career progression, and the effect of technology and artificial intelligence in the workplace. Below you can see a list of few questions so you have a better idea of the types of questions you’ll be asked when completing the survey:
- Which best describes your current working situation?
- How many years have you been in your current working situation?
- Which, if any, of the following factors are making you consider leaving your current role? Select up to five factors that apply.
- If you were to move to a new workplace within the legal sector, which of the following factors would be most attractive to you? Select up to five factors that apply.
- Which, if any, of the following factors concerns you about your future career in the law? (Please select all that apply)
- How has the COVID-19 crisis affected your current working situation? (e.g. voluntary or forced pay reductions; redundancy; working hours / days reduced or increased; smaller or greater workload than usual; more responsibilities due to colleagues off sick etc.)
- What topics would you like to see covered in the Young Lawyers Committee training sessions? Select up to three topics that apply.
Participation is voluntary and it is also very important. The data gathered by this survey will provide a greater understanding on the collective interests, priorities, and concerns of young lawyers. Determining the factors that affect young lawyers’ decisions to move workplaces is a crucial part of the research project.
International Bar Association